1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Summa Graphics Tablet Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sketchman, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

Hello & Happy New Year all,
    I love these forums because "usually" someone here has been where I am which shortens my frustration "usually" whith this in mind I have a Summa Graphics Tablet (SummaSketch Plus)
    when I go to the MFG they do not show this board in thier list of Prod's they have several Downloads for various models, drivers, test Prog's etc. I downloaded a "test" prog to find my tablet it finds the drivers and proceeds to search for the serial port that it is connected here in lies the problem you guessed it I have a Parallel connection what should I do
    My system
    AMD Ath 900, 256 Ram gForce 3 200 ti 128 mb, Windows 2000 Pro,100 GB Hdd, Kt7A Raid Mobo (Raid not set up at this time)
    any suggestions as always would be greatly appreciated.
    Sketchman:confused: as per usual

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Does the tablet itself have a parallel connector or are you changing it to parallel with an adapter?

3. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

Hi AcaCandy yes the Tablet itself has a "Parallel connection"
    any suggestions :confused:
    thankz Sketchman:D

4. ~Candy~

So the tablet connects directly to the parallel port on the computer? It is not passing thru anything?

If so, does LPT1 appear in the device manager?

5. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

Yes LPT 1 is there and it is set for legacy adapters enabled :)
    Sketchman

6. ~Candy~

Hmmmm, thinking out loud here.....does it also have a serial connector on it?

Do you have more than one parallel port?

Did this thing ever work?

7. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

No it does not have a (9) pin serial, only the one Parallel Connection.
    Also this was at one time a very expensive tablet, I work for the Navy and they used it for making maps of the base. When I first recieved it, it worked fine then I put it up for awhile then came accrossed it and tryed it with no luck. I have been to Summa Graphics site for the downloads and I am in contact with tech support (some what) when they answer and they are giving me the answers I basically came with on my own, this is why I come here the folks here seem to always help one way or the other when I am in need.
    Thankz Sketchman:)

8. ~Candy~

But did it work with windows 2000 prior?

9. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

No, but the drivers are for 2k and they are supposed to backwards compatible, (you move) hehehehe
    Sketchman:D

10. ~Candy~

Per chance can you get your hands on a parallel to serial converter? Or can you try connecting it to a windows 98 machine instead?

11. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

do you think the converter is worth the money & does it work with legacy devices i.e the tablet, if so should I go with parallel to USB?
    Sketchman :D

12. ~Candy~

I've only experience with the parallel to serial as I've used those in the past. I don't think they are very expensive....maybe $5 bucks......or so....

Parallel to USB on an older device might not cut it......not sure.....plus it's probably more expensive.....

I think I would try to retest the tablet on another computer to be sure it still works....I know you said it did before.....but.......

13. sketchman

sketchman Thread Starter

Thankz AcaCandy you have been most helpful past now present & hopefully the Future, this is why I joined this Usergroup over others nomatter how small or how big the problem someone is more than willing to lend a hand and use thier resources when ours are exausted.
    Sketchman:D :D :D

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice