1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sumo Bean Bag Chairs

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by TechGuy, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    When I was growing up in my parent's attic, I had a few piece of interesting furniture, including an old bean bag chair. I don't have it any longer, and I'm pretty sure it just fell apart at some point. Recently, I got a new one from www.sumolounge.com -- they're not cheap (around $130, but with free shipping), but they're definitely built to last. It's around 4' x 5' in size, very sturdy, and the material feels very thick. Even when Bently (our dog) jumps and attacks on it, it leaves no mark, much less a tear. The web site says that it's made of "ballistic nylon", which is surprisingly comfortable considering the name. Finally, you can actually form the chair depending on your purpose (using a notebook computer vs sleeping =). Believe it or not, the only thing I'd change is the size -- it's so big that it really becomes the focal point of any room you put it in and can be difficult to store. If it were a little smaller, I'd probably be able to get more use out of it.

Attached Files:

2. ferrija1

ferrija1

Looks nice. (y) I have a bean bag a bit smaller and like it a lot. I like how you can shape them however you want. :)

Cute-looking dog. :)

3. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Have someone resize it for you. Take some of the stuffing out and sew it back up. Gotta be a way.

4. luckytiff02

luckytiff02

Awesome!!!Thats what im looking for and a reasonable price beanbag chairs...i think I'll add that to my "to buy thing" this month? where can i buy the filings if in case of changing the inside stuff? Do they have other option for cover?

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

When they were in style, my wife made a few of them, they're actually pretty simple. You pick the shape you want, and sew them up. We made them out of a heavy coarse canvas material, it was pretty bulletproof and lasted well for years.

The "beans" are actually hard Styrofoam balls, and they're commercially available, at least they were when we did ours. I gave them all away years ago, but I'm sure the materials are still available to "roll your own".

6. luckytiff02

luckytiff02

Oh i see...thanks for the info..

7. kervin

kervin

beanbag chairs are really really cool. (y) (y) (y) i remember bringing and replacing my office chair with my beanbag chair, whaddya say? hahaha. :D its more convenient to work with comfortable chairs, right?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice