1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SUN JAVA SE RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT 1.5.0.08 Released

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by flavallee, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    Version 1.5.0.08 has been released to replace version 1.5.0.07 and all other older versions.

You can download the new version from here.

Download and save the new version, uninstall all older version from Add/Remove Programs, delete the entire Java folder from within the C:\Program Files folder, reboot, then install the new version.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Thanks Frank :)

3. kidcnote

kidcnote Banned

4. hewee

hewee

I upgraded from the 1.4.2.06 to the jre1.5.0_06 using the upgrade and it shows in in the add/remove as a upgrade along with the 1.4.2.06 in add/remove.
    But when I click on update it tills me I have the newest version.

Guess a uninstall of both are needed. Got 98 SE too.

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Hewee:

When you install a new version of Sun Java, it doesn't overwrite and replace the older version(s) like most programs do, which is why the older version(s) need to be uninstalled and removed from the C:\Program Files\Java folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CheeseBall:

It's been almost 4 weeks since my personal tragedy and I'm slowly working my way back here on a more regular basis. Thanks for all your previous PM's. :)

6. hewee

hewee

Yea I should of known because even when you do uninstall the java it still leaves files, folders and things in the registry.

Don't know what happen to you flavallee but personal tragedy does not sound very good. I sure hope you are ok and heal up good soon. I know it takes time so I will pray and wish the best for you. I guess I missed your post about it if others PM'ed you.

7. Red Boy

Red Boy

Thanks Flavallee. Have downloaded and installed, as per your instructions. Everything went well.

Thanks again,
    Red Boy

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    RedBoy:

I'm glad to hear the install went well.(y)

Hewee:

I lost my wife suddenly and unexpectedly 26 days ago.:(

9. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi flavallee..no words from me can take away the pain you must be feeling.
    So sorry to hear this..you take care.

10. Red Boy

Red Boy

My condolence, Flavallee

... Red Boy

11. hewee

hewee

So very very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you and the family.
    You hang in there and do yor best as you heal from you lost.

12. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Thank you, everyone.

My mother gets the news tomorrow. She's been in the hospital herself since the day before my wife had surgery and is coming home today.

13. hewee

hewee

Your very welcome. Oh how sad having to tell mom now. My God be with you all. Hopw your mom is doing well.
    I know my mom was killed by the mixing of drugs that was given her and she needed surgery to stop bleeding but because of those drugs the white blood count was so low that doing a simple surgery would of also killed her. She passed away in 4 days later.
    Then a week later was when I read on the front page how the mixing of two drugs were so bad because it lowers your white blood count way down. Same drigs mom was taking too. :(
    All something that should of never happen but did.

14. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    My wife was very anemic(she was 9.9 and the normal range is 12.0 - 15.0) before her surgery, but her hematologist cleared her for surgery anyway. He planned to run her through two 4-hour IV infusion seesions after she got out of the hospital to build her blood back up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get back to the original purpose of this thread, has anyone besides me tried version 1.6.0 Beta 2 of Sun Java SE Runtime Environment? It seems to be working fine for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15. hewee

hewee

Sounds like they did what they should not of done. No bad too when things like this happen. :(

No I have not tried the beta version.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice