1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

super overheating problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by biagrin, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. biagrin

biagrin Thread Starter

ive just built a pc with a foxconn NF4SK8AA-8EKRS and athlon64 3800+

everything is connected fine and all fans are running and the psu is suppling correct voltage.

can anybody tell me why my cpu is hitting 78C. ive not let it go higher than this because i know it isnt supposed to get that hot anyway so ive set 78 as the auto shuttoff temp. This happens when it is sat idle in BIOS.

the heat sink is sat firmly with arctic silver 5

also the cpu fan doesnt increase or decrease speed. ive tried the cpu on another mobo and it was fine.

is the mobo faulty?

2. brite750

brite750

if youre certain the hsf is installed correctly then yeah bad MB or CPU

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yes, there is a chance you have a board with a bad sensor on the board. Foxconn is not noted as a quality maker of boards.

Before getting another board, I would check your mounting of the hsf. You posted you used AS. How did you install the AS compound?

4. biagrin

biagrin Thread Starter

i applied it evenly in a not-too-thin-not-too-thick layer and gave the heat sink a good wiggle to to make sure. the heat sink is sat rock solid so its highly unlikely to be a heat sink problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice