1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Super Small Icons...how to restore to original?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Chili_Palmer, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chili_Palmer

Chili_Palmer Thread Starter

Everything in my system tray and the max/minimize, close, retore buttons at the top right of open windows are SUPER small--i can barely even click the window buttons they are so small. Its not the resolution settings as all other desktop and folder icons are normal. Any ideas?

PII 450
    384 mB RAM
    Win 98
    Vodoo 5 AGP 5500
    dxr3 DVD hardware decoder

-CP

2. Chili_Palmer

my res is at 1152x864. Ive always kept it there so the screen is a decent size. i will try the registry restore as a last resort, ive been out of town and somehow my roomate accomplished this feat over the last 2 weeks. Arg!!!

-CP

3. Rockn

Rockn

What is your resolution set at??

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

If this has just started happening you might try a registry restore. If you are running WIn98 boot to the command prompt and type
    scanreg /restore press enter
    Choose a registry from a date prior to the problem. All other changes, installs and uninstalls made since this date will be lost.

5. Chili_Palmer

I finally got the icon size issues resolved, but ive noticed that programs like IE, my CD burning software, and a few others have been either freezing (not responding) or simply not opening lately. If i reboot these probs go away for as little as an hour or (as is presently) 2 days and counting? Could this be a virus? Any good virus software anybody can reccomend? Thx in advance

-CP

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice