Super Small Icons...how to restore to original?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chili_Palmer

Everything in my system tray and the max/minimize, close, retore buttons at the top right of open windows are SUPER small--i can barely even click the window buttons they are so small. Its not the resolution settings as all other desktop and folder icons are normal. Any ideas?

PII 450
384 mB RAM
Win 98
Vodoo 5 AGP 5500
dxr3 DVD hardware decoder

-CP

Chili_Palmer

my res is at 1152x864. Ive always kept it there so the screen is a decent size. i will try the registry restore as a last resort, ive been out of town and somehow my roomate accomplished this feat over the last 2 weeks. Arg!!!

-CP

If this has just started happening you might try a registry restore. If you are running WIn98 boot to the command prompt and type
scanreg /restore press enter
Choose a registry from a date prior to the problem. All other changes, installs and uninstalls made since this date will be lost.

Chili_Palmer

I finally got the icon size issues resolved, but ive noticed that programs like IE, my CD burning software, and a few others have been either freezing (not responding) or simply not opening lately. If i reboot these probs go away for as little as an hour or (as is presently) 2 days and counting? Could this be a virus? Any good virus software anybody can reccomend? Thx in advance

-CP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online