1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Superfetch stopped Caching....

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by paulb100, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

the superfetch feature has seemed to stop caching as much...

ive had fresh install of vista ultimate for 2-3 weeks now and Superfetch was filling the 1.5Gb spare RAM with cache data (as it does) , now its seemed to have stopped even though the service is still running...

right now its saying 450Mb cached and 900Mb free ???

Now i was testing it on and off when i first installed Vista to see what the fuss was about and most of the time when it was OFF it would still cache to about the same figures as above but most of the time it would end up filling all 1.5Gb cache (yes even when off)... NOW its been on 2 weeks running and filling up the cache quicker than normal (as its learning) but then from yesterday its stopped filling it right up??? why is this???

I did install Firefox Pre-Loader and have uninstalled it due to problems with firefox actually NOT opening - I doubt that would have affected it

THANKS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699715