Tech Support Guy banner

Do you use SuperFetch with Windows Vista?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperFetch

3K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
#14 ·
No, I'm curious as to how one could "sometimes" use it. Since this does pertain to whether you run it or not I think it's interesting as to how one would run it in one instance and not run it in the next. It is still staying within the subject of the thread. Thank you.

#15 ·
I'm not sure of your expertise on this since it is pretty simple for how to run it in one instance and not run it the next. It just like any other service you want to run one time but not run the next.

The details for how you can enable or disable Superfetch are:

Start / services.msc
Scroll down to Superfetch
To turn it off (not typically the default setting most people would have), click on the Stop button
To disable it, for the Startup type: select Disabled

Now you went from running it in one instance and not in the next

If you want to go back again, restart the service and reset the startup type to automatic.

Now after restarting it, it may take some time for any benefits of Superfetch to take affect (or is it effect). Either way, let's not let grammar get in the way. Performance would vary on way too many things to be part of a nice simple poll for just who uses it or not.

#16 ·
I didn't ask how you can turn it on and off. I am well aware how to do that. I asked how you could use it "sometimes". Why would you turn it off and on? IMO if someone were to use it they either would or wouldn't. You use it "sometimes". Does this help performance by disabling it and enabling it?

#19 ·
This thread is getting difficult to follow.

First it was "how many people here that run Windows Vista actually use SuperFetch".
That seemed pretty simple and it would have been great to just stick to the topic at hand.

Then it changed to "How does that work if I might ask" in regards to sometimes running it.
I said it works fine.

Then it changed to "how one could "sometimes" use it".
So I explained in detail how one could sometime use it.

This was repeated with "how you could use it "sometimes"." and again I answered.

Then it changed to "Why are you "sometimes" using it and "sometimes" not". Phew....so many changes to what started as such a simple poll. Why's are always so much more complicated than how's. Sometimes it's my mood. Sometimes why I change something is just for something to change. Sometimes why I change something is due to something I read. Sometimes why I change something is to find out something I'm not sure about. There are lots of reason why I change things.

So given all that, what happened to the original purpose and poll? It seems to have gotten lost in all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.