Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfetch

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Stingray10 
#1 ·
When I starts my comp it's activity keeps running for about 3 mins.Is this Superfetch running?Can this be set to manual or should I leave it alone?(I'm kinda new to Vista)!:confused:

#2 ·
Can you be more specific? Are you saying that it takes that long for things to load?? You can disable Superfetch, but as long as you're running Vista on a machine that supports it, I would leave it alone. Superfetch is a new service included in Vista that learns which programs you use the most often, and loads them into memory. So basically, the more you use it, the better performance you get out of it. Do you have a lot of things running in the system tray??

#3 ·
"comp it's activity keeps running for about 3 mins"
This may be your AV doing a scan, the Search doing a Index update, or a dozen or so other things. You need to describe what this "activity" is so we can be of more help?

#4 ·
I'm trialing AVG Internet Security 7.5.I'll call it the activity light on the bottom of your tower that flickers when your doing a scan, runs for about 3 mins I guess after startup.Does superfetch start just after bootup?I'm new to Vista and perhaps your correct in it being a startup scan.I was curious in what this activity was.Is there a way I can tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.