Superimposed desktop icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MayMJ

The program folder icon is superimposed over the shortcut icons on the desktop. I've tried everything I can think of to remove the program icon, but to no avail. The shortcuts work normally. It is just difficult to read the shortcut icon with the program icon over the top of it. How do I remove the superimposed program icon?

have you tried windows explorer, select the desktop at the top of the menu, can you see the icon in the right hand menu and delete it.

RT

Hello, MayMJ!
Welcome to TSG!

I'll tell you right off the bat, I may not be able to help you solve your problem, but I may be able to help the ones that can help you, just by asking for a little more information.

Could you tell us what program icon you refer to?
And it may help to know what computer you have, with what OS and so on....

Detailed information can help TSG help you! :)

OOps!, sorry brianf, didn't see you before...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online