1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Superimposed desktop icons

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by MayMJ, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MayMJ

MayMJ Thread Starter

The program folder icon is superimposed over the shortcut icons on the desktop. I've tried everything I can think of to remove the program icon, but to no avail. The shortcuts work normally. It is just difficult to read the shortcut icon with the program icon over the top of it. How do I remove the superimposed program icon?

2. brianF

brianF

have you tried windows explorer, select the desktop at the top of the menu, can you see the icon in the right hand menu and delete it.

3. RT

RT

Hello, MayMJ!
    Welcome to TSG!

I'll tell you right off the bat, I may not be able to help you solve your problem, but I may be able to help the ones that can help you, just by asking for a little more information.

Could you tell us what program icon you refer to?
    And it may help to know what computer you have, with what OS and so on....

Detailed information can help TSG help you! :)

OOps!, sorry brianf, didn't see you before...

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Is the arrow missing? The wrong icon may have mistakenly replaced the shortcut arrow.

If so try this:

Download TweakUI and go to the repair tab. Choose Rebuild Icons from the drop dropdown menu.

You can download TWEAKUI here. Install it and then go to control panel to find it.

http://www.windows-help.net/windows98/tweakui2000.shtml

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice