1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

support from emachines

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by foxtrotsam2, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. foxtrotsam2

foxtrotsam2 Thread Starter

anyone else having problems out there with tech support from emachines. Man, I tried and I tried to get drivers and other tech advice from the web site and to no avail. They sure have alot of sales pitches and advertising. They have an email contact where you have to fill out a request form, I mean, I shouldn't have to contact the company to get drivers. This really has me upset. Don't think I'll ever get another emachine.

2. thingamajig

thingamajig Banned

You might try the chipset and board manufacturer sites for base drivers. I have access to two emachines (system and monitor) and three out of the four power switches are broken. It's a budget system and I guess you get what you pay for...

3. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

4. coyotehills

coyotehills

I have had / still have 4 eMachines with no major problems in the last five years. What is the exact model that you have? Maybe we can help you locate the drivers you need.

5. steppenwolf

steppenwolf

6. foxtrotsam2

I have M2105, maybe my frustration is hanging up on a wall, sounds your machines are doin ok, I'll chek out the sites above first thanx

7. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

8. foxtrotsam2

It says in my system/device manager in yellow: base system device, haven't a clue what that is, it's under "other devices", trying to install these drivers (2 of them the same) I have a notebook M2105, win xp pro

9. thingamajig

thingamajig Banned

Just noticed that the emachine link only works in internet explorer. I couldn't expand the sections from Firefox. I can't answer your driver problem but if you are having trouble with the web site, it might be your browser.

10. thingamajig

thingamajig Banned

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/337674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice