Supress "Dend data to Microsft" messages?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brucedl

Is it possible to never see the "Send data to Microsoft" messagebox? Since I don't have the will to send logs every time an app crashes, where can I switch the flag to display this message to "Off"?

brucedl

I thought the critical update notification was for them to send me notifications, not the other way around!

I should have mentioned I was on Windows XP. That program is not in the list.

duh

How to Disable Internet Explorer Error Reporting
To disable Internet Explorer Error Reporting, use one of the following methods, depending on your computer.
Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP
Click Start, and then click Control Panel (or point to Settings, and then click Control Panel).

Double-click System (or click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click System).

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Error Reporting.

Click Disable error reporting to disable both user and kernel-mode error reporting, or click to clear the Programs check box.

Click OK, and then click OK.

NOTE: Administrators can disable error reporting in Windows XP Professional by setting Report Errors to Disabled in Group Policy Editor (Gpedit.msc) in the Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Error Reporting folder.

Internet Explorer 6 for Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4, Windows 2000
WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys and Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it. If you are running Windows NT or Windows 2000, you should also update your Emergency Repair Disk (ERD).

In Registry Editor (Regedit.exe), create a DWORD value called IEWatsonEnabled and set it to 0 in the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Internet Explorer 5.x (All Operating Systems)
To disable Internet Explorer Error Reporting, use the following steps:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Add/Remove Programs.

In the list of installed programs, click Internet Explorer Error Reporting, and then click Add/Remove (in Windows 98, Windows Me, or Windows NT 4.0) or Remove (in Windows 2000).

Click OK.

I'd like to thank you too, BrianF! That's been annoying the heck out of me and I never noticed the option to shut it off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online