Surf speed dropped

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

325isbimmer

recently I noticed a big drop in speed of pages loading.
running Firefox with 6-7 Tabs open; one steraming music, downloading 2 files through web, uttorent DL @ about 80kbs,

In taskmngr CPU and Memory are good to go, networking @ about 2%.

speedtests
the DL is a max...was between 56K and 512K most of the DL

attatchment is test from while back when everything seemed to be running fast

Attachments

bearone2

Banned
6-7 tabs??? + streaming + 2 downloads + uttorent dl?????

basic cable/dsl or are you paying the freight for a t1 line?

how much you think you're losing and what do you feel you should be getting from your isp?

325isbimmer

i just have regular dsl.

I'm not sure what to expect but i just noticed the page loading to be slow. but maybe thats normal for the applications and DL that I was doing at the time.

then when i did the speed test i noticed it was about half of when I tested last

bearone2

Banned
try the dl test just by itself and it depends on time of day, prime time having the most activity.

325isbimmer

is that about normal?

EDIT:
I'm starting to think its just me. guess time and what ur doing well largely vary outcome

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online