Solved Surface Pro 3 Bitlocker

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jlee922

My husband got a new surface so I got the old one .We factory reset it and now it's asking me for the bitlocker code, even when it says skip this drive and I go to reset the computer again it's still locked. It's no where to be found. It's not on his OneDrive account for microsoft. I know I can plug a USB with Windows 10 on it and download it and start fresh but I need a step by step on how to do that on a surface. I've only don't it on a PC many years ago. My surface has been useless for months. Any help would be much appreciated!

Go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it, and it can generate either a DVD or a USB memory stick. Boot with the media and install Windows, keyboard selection, install, Custom, erase all partitions. and let it continue.

Jlee922

Go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it, and it can generate either a DVD or a USB memory stick. Boot with the media and install Windows, keyboard selection, install, Custom, erase all partitions. and let it continue.

I finally figured it out!! Thank you!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online