1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

surfing the net

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cmed, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

At one time I had a web site that allowed me to surf from one site to a new site by just clicking on an icon or something. It allowed me to view different sites and choose the ones I wanted to keep and bookmark to view in the future. I hope that I have made this clear as to what I want. Can someone out there in puter land direct me to a site that does that or some method that will provide that information. Thanks for any suggestions you can make.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Which browser are you using? Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 allows you to save all the websites you want in the "Favorites" list so you can revisit them anytime you want without retyping the website address(URL).

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

3. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

My browser is netscape 7.1 and it has bookmarks that do the same as
    favorites in IE. I also have IE and Netscape 4.79.
    The web site that I had at one time offered different sites to you by just a click of the mouse. You could save to favorites or bookmarks or delete as you wanted. Many different sites were offered with just a click of the mouse.
    Don't confuse this with typing in a URL. It seems the site was etour or prolaunch . It's been sometime so have forgotten. I just thought someone might recall or have this site in their puter. Thanks again for any suggestions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice