1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Surprise surprise...problem with Dell Inspiron (2200)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WkD-LiL-LaW, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WkD-LiL-LaW

WkD-LiL-LaW Thread Starter

Finding out for a friend so don't have any numbers to hand, just know that her DELL INSPIRON 2200 hasn't started up for a year or so and now has decided to do something about it :confused:

I'm guessing the best thing to do, as it never manages to load windows, is to restore it to factory settings, and re install windows??? - This is what i have been told so far.

If that sounds about right, how do i enter bios and restore f.s. ?

Have looked for a nice step by step guide for how to do this but not found one :(

I have an understanding of computers however have never had to do anything like this...

Is it me or are there a lot of problems with Inspirons? either that or theyre just very popular with people who manage to mess it up!

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Try pressing Ctrl + F11 on bootup to get options to restore to fs.

3. ViprXX

ViprXX

that pc might have dell pc restore program on it. try this, startup the pc and at the Dell logo screen press and hold the Ctrl key then press the F11 key then release them at the same time and if done at the right time and the recovery program is installed it should bring up the recovery program. if the recovery program isn't installed on the pc and she just has recovery cd roms then during the Dell logo press the F2 key to enter Bios and change to boot to cd. (might need to keep tapping the key).

4. WkD-LiL-LaW

WkD-LiL-LaW Thread Starter

Ok great stuff! Thanks

Hopefully she does have the restore program on there.

If i do have to restore to factory settings does this mean i will have to install windows?

5. Rache

Rache Banned

No, it'll have all the previous progs plus os (xp) restored (or the correct term is reinstalled).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/626470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice