1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

surround sound v box and hd tv

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by steve0123, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve0123

steve0123 Thread Starter

where am i going wrong
    the instructions of the surround sound system say plug in hdmi and yellow video cable and away you go ( not in my case )
    all well and good works well with dvd no problem but can not seem to play tv through the surround sound system.
    the cable box is connected to tv via hdmi
    to be quite honest i dont have a clue whats wrong
    please someone help :)

2. AKLUTZ

AKLUTZ

I had the same issue when I hooked up my Pioneer VSX-821 to my Panasonic plasma.
    1st make sure your TV supports the HDMI Auto Return Channel Function (ARC). If it does not you will have to run a RCA audio cable for sound. But if it does support (ARC) you should check the HDMI set up configuration on you receiver. It needs to be set to ON. if you have ARC with HDMI cable. And set to OFF if your TV does not support ARC and also you might have to use a fiber optic cable for sound..
    Also in your receiver settings check the input assign menu to make sure you have assigned the correct the correct mode for each component...
    Hope I was some sort of help... Let us know what you come up with.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice