1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

surround sound

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Pengu, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pengu

Pengu Thread Starter

is there a way i can plug my computer into my surround system so it uses that as the speakers for my computer???

2. Topato

Topato

I dont think thats possible. You would need some way of getting the sound from your computer to the surround sound system. you could just spring for a sound card that supports DD 6.1 and get some new speakers. I bought that setup for $75 at fry's.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Should be possible, but you need to tell us what inputs your surround sound system has.

And what outputs your PC has. Most basic PCs will output surround sound is configured in control panel, and it will be via the Mic and Line sockets, which are internally switched to become outputs for a 5.1 system.

On mine the Line out becomes the rear speakers, the Line In becomes the front speakers and the Mic becomes the subwoofer out. Thats on a standard on-board AC97 audio system.

But you need to have compatable line-level inputs on the stereo.

4. Pengu

Pengu Thread Starter

ill tell you the things it says on back of my surround system

av1 -audio in, video in then it has an orange port called digital audio in
    and same with av2 and av3 though for av3 im using my ps2 with that one

and also i have a thx cable would that work?

and behind my computer it has the standard 3ports as any other computer would have but my onboard sound is called well..it looks like most of them say nvidia

its nvidia nforce audio codec interface

please help ty!

5. Pengu

Pengu Thread Starter

alrite guyd i got it to work because my video card had a tv-out so now the screen is kinda fuzzy.. if the screen is dark then it has white dots on the screen and when its bright u just see fuzzy white dots anyone no how to fix this?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/261410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice