1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Surveillance DVR question

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by Rick1971, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick1971

Rick1971 Thread Starter

Jan 28, 2012
    Purchased an H.264 4 Cam DVR standalone unit and set it up for remote viewing. After forwarding the desired ports and registering a DYNDNS name to point to the IP i went to access the unit remotely via web browser. When you navigate to the unit remotely for the first time it will give you a page to download and install the required active X controls

but what If i don't want those options?

I want to just display the cameras and nothing more, I don't want to have to install any software nor do I need the control interface

my DVR doesn't give me the option to shut it off

the problem is that if a person doesn't use IE they can see the cams at all

I simply wanna broadcast the images and nothing more, anyone know how?

I don't wanna lose the ability from home or even if I set it up on another site (for my private use)
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1038457