1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Survey Database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Erm, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

I need to assess the possibility of creating a database to store data written on survey like forms. Check boxes etc. It is rather lengthy! Does anyone have any suggestions? I wondered if there were any features of Access 2000 that may be able to help that I am unaware of?! If anyone has had experience creating this type of database, how did you find it? Perhaps an Excel spreadsheet would be better?!

Someone once showed me how to get a list of check boxes in a field, can someone remind me how to do this?

All comments/suggestions very welcome:D

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  3. khaki

khaki

hi Erm....

as far as "assessing the possibility" goes....
    yes.... Access is a good app for your survey database.

and as far as the learning curve goes (if you are not proficient in Access)....
    yes.... it's a bit steep.

possible cheat/shortcut for you :

look through the sample database app that comes bundled with Access.
    It's called Northwinds Trading (or something like that).
    It usually contains all kinds of ready-made samples of the things that can be done using Access.

I would guess that there must be something in those samples that would resemble the type of form-based survey that you are looking to build.

and just so you know.....
    you could do it in Excel.....
    but it would require just as much effort (and a lot more creativity)...
    and it would still be inferior to anything done using Access.

let me know how it goes...
    :) k

4. Erm

Erm Thread Starter

Thanks for your suggestions, can't find a useful DB example wizard and don't have Northwind installed and can't find CD, darn it!

The only thing I don't know anything about is Modules. I have created and implemented a fairly comprehensive database in a client server situation, so I am quite proficient in Access. I do know a little VBA also.

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169237

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice