1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suspected Virus Attached to Programs Running in Task Manager

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by monapdx, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monapdx

monapdx Thread Starter

I have an IBM Thinkpad that is running Windows XP version 2002 service pack 3. It started running very poorly some time ago, and I am already aware that this is somewhat due to the number of processes that are set to run on start-up. I need to clean that up, but don't want to mess anything up. But I have noticed a pattern when the computer is running at its worst. There seem to be two different processes that are always running in the task manager. The first is ctfmon.exe and the other is rundll32.exe I end each of these processes, but they always pop back up pretty quickly. So I downloaded hijack this and ran a scan. I have attached the log to this post. I don't have any clue what to do from here, but could really use some advice. All help is much appreciated.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice