1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suspected Virus Downloaded Files Reading as Corrupt really need help

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Fatalityz, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatalityz

Fatalityz Thread Starter

Recently as of last night my computer has been acting very weird Websites loading strange sometimes not loading code at all making me have to refresh till it loads Videos Youtube / Warcraftmovies etc wont load ive tried downloading at least 4 Anti Viruses to scan but everytime I attempt to open a file it reads it as corrupt Example , Bitdefender : Extracting File Failed It is Most likley caused by low memory which it isnt or a Corrupted Cabinet file Another Example kaspersky : The Installer You are trying to run is Corrupted or Incomplete This could be the result of a Damaged Disk , a Failed Download , or a Virus my computer was running fine yesterday afternoon did nothing but played WoW for a few hours and have no idea how a virus could have randomly gotten into my computer Ive ran a system restore and a Chkdisc on my C:\ Drive I feel preety freaked out and out of options any help would be great and would buying an anti virus and trying to run a CD work or would I get the same Corrupt error that im getting with everything else I try to install from download please please help me >

2. Fatalityz

Fatalityz Thread Starter

I tried downloading HJT but just like the other programs it comes up as corrupt

3. Fatalityz

Fatalityz Thread Starter

Sorry for the Double posts but it wont let me hit save on Edit probably another perk to this virus Just tried Malwarebytes and it also came up as corrupt honestly who gets their jollys out of spreading viruses especcially ones like this that make its impossible to run anything

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/854055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice