1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Suspicious IP Address In HijackThis

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by WizzyBone, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

I did a scan with Hijack and it came up with this: O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{5B22136A-61D3-4367-972D-5D170CE3FFDA}: NameServer = 209.244.0.3 209.244.0.4

Is this normal? I've done many trustworthy online scanners for trojans, malware, adware, viruses and whatnot and haven't come up with anything. Any help, please?

2. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

..Anyone?

3. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

...Ain't this some ****. Alot of help you ****s are.

4. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

5. guitar

guitar Banned

its your isp:)

6. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

...You're kidding, right? HaHa. Damn, don't I just feel like a fool.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suggest you read the TSG Rules if you plan on posting here. Profanity is not required to state your issues or respond to them. Please clean it up, and substitution of * for profanity is also not allowed.

8. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

Actually, I didn't substitute it. You're a Mod. Shouldn't you know if curse words are *'d out or not?

9. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

But. I do apologize for my rash behavior.

10. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Sorry you're not getting the help you need, Wizzy.
    But I might suggest that some patience is in order.

It's not like these guys are getting paid to be on call here through the night.

:)

Anyway, is there specific a problem that you are having because of this error?

11. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, we don't know, it happens transparently in the board software.

It makes no difference if they're substituted or not.

12. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

Nah. I just do HJ scans every now and then and that always pops up, and I try to trace it and look up the owner of the address and didn't know who it was. But. There IS something I do need to ask. I was reading somewhere on here, or on one of the Mod's website about the Firewall and Anti-Spyware scanner being disabled if Windows Firewall were also enabled. I turned off my Windows Firewall and restarted the computer but my Anti-Spyware Firewall was still disabled. I have PC-Cillin Internet Security, fully updated,and I did all kinds of scans with online scanners and stuff, but didn't detect a thing. I couldn't do housecall or any of the large scans on account of Dial-Up. But last night I re-installed my Software and it's working fine, but I just have a feeling there's something nasty lurking on my computer. Any idea's?

Edit: When my Firewall was disabled (Not Windows) it wouldn't let me turn it on or off.

13. WizzyBone

WizzyBone Thread Starter

Still here. ^.^

14. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Hi Wizzy.

I'm no tech guru. They'll be along in a bit.

But I use spynomore, and I have seen a great improvenent in weeding out the nasties.

Cheers.

15. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

I won't be much help with the tech issues. :eek: I'm just a mod in the discussion communities. They won't give me the keys to the tech threads.
    (actually a pretty smart decision)

While you're lurking, waiting for some help ......
    Don't know if you like to debate politics and religion .... and you'll need a thick skin .... but you're welcome to the sandbox ..... if you dare. :D

Civilized Debate.

One word of caution. Rules of conduct are enforced.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543924

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice