1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

suspicious messages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by beyonder527, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beyonder527

beyonder527 Thread Starter

Good evening; :)

All of a sudden I'm getting a bunch of mail w/ infected attachments, mostly in my bulk folder, account 2 yahoo. I've noticed also that the majority are from either Yahoo or Hotmail. What would be the best route to go on this ? Please send instructions. Thanks very much. (y)

2. mobo

mobo

Actually there isn't anything other you can do but change your email address..I would say that one of your contacts have been infected and they have picked up your email address from the infected system..Most of those senders addresses are spoofed anyway so don't bother trying to track it down, but watch closely what you are opening.

3. beyonder527

beyonder527 Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I will try to change the address at yahoo or just cancel it altogether. :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!