1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

suwin errors and windows protection errors

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ibsilly, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ibsilly

ibsilly Thread Starter

I've gotten the first error, suwin caused and illegal instruction in module [email protected]:3b3b. After getting past that I get the windows protection error. After getting past that Windows will not complete loading and end up back where I started. I have been trying to install win98se. I can get as far as the first reboot when it starts giving me the 2nd message. I then get into safe mode but only to find out that it cannot dectect any hardware while in safemode. I click ok, then start getting general protection errors and get to the point of having nothing left on screen but the startup page. wh clicking the ctrl alt del buttons there is nothing in there to check. I then try to restart and don't get any further. What can I do?

2. $teve

$teve

welcome to T.S.G.

what version of windows are you using?
    imediately before the errors,what were you doing?ie:downloading,installing a program,anything you can remember,the last thing you did before you were locked out of windows.

also.........could you post the exact suwin error message....there shgould be a number,according to what ive found,0001 dosent exist.

good luck;)

3. ibsilly

ibsilly Thread Starter

win98se, I was trying to install this when I got the message. And that is the number I recieved. I was looking at it as I wrote it down. I had reformated the drive several times. I had to delete several partitions before getting to having only one. I can get as far as installing and rebooting for the first time before all the problems really begin.

4. $teve

$teve

could be one of about a dozen reasons but lets start with the easiest solve.

it could be caused by the onboard ant-virus being enabled in CMOS. Make sure that it is disabled, format your drive and try again. Antivirus scan options are usually found under "Startup Options" or "Advanced Options" in bios, if found set that option to DISABLED.
    let us know if it works;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice