svchost 100%

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jjpopp

I have read a whole bunch of threads out here and elsewere regarding this prpoblem but so far none of the solutions have helped. I turn on my machine Win XP pro and within minutes svchost = 100% and I need to re-boot. I have run several worm removal and removed and reloaded NOrton Anit-virus 2003 but to no avail. Have any suggestions

jjpopp

I am trying to upload the file ..... give me a minutes as this damm site first can't handle a text file and next says that my jpeg is to big..

Rescan and put a check next to these and have hjt fix em

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D6DFF6D8-B94B-4720-B730-1C38C7065C3B} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\BTLINK\btlink.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000273-8230-4DD4-BE4F-6889D1E74167} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {63B78BC1-A711-4D46-AD2F-C581AC420D41} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\btiein.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D6DFF6D8-B94B-4720-B730-1C38C7065C3B} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\BTLINK\btlink.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O16 - DPF: {26E8361F-BCE7-4F75-A347-98C88B418322} - http://dst.trafficsyndicate.com/Dnl/T_50017/btiein.cab

jjpopp

Thanks Charlie. I did that but it didn't work... still see svchost = 100% .. also 'weird' things happen - linke several windows come up and the mouse jumps crazy all over the place. I can't reformt my machine and start over as that will take weeks... I have a whole bunch of hardware and software loaded. If I ever find the basters who write these virus I swear I cut there heads off...

sorry about that.. any other suggetions before I go insane.

jjpopp

Thanks Charlie. I did that but it didn't work... still see svchost = 100% .. also 'weird' things happen - linke several windows come up and the mouse jumps crazy all over the place. I can't reformt my machine and start over as that will take weeks... I have a whole bunch of hardware and software loaded. If I ever find the basters who write these virus I swear I cut there heads off...

sorry about that.. any other suggetions before I go insane.

jjpopp

Oh by the way it disabled my Anti-virus program. I am reinstalling it.. and for the last week no updates from Microsoft.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjpopp

Oh by the way it disabled my Anti-virus program. I am reinstalling it.. and for the last week no updates from Microsoft.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep run the scan as you most likely have a virus onboard..

jjpopp

Ran the virus scan from the housecall. Didn't find anything. Reinstalled all the NOrton stuff - ran a scan, didnt' find anything. ANy other suggestions

Thanks

jjpopp

Hi Charlie, thanks for all the help. Honestly I am not sure what the problem is or was. I did a whole bunch of super tweaks from Black Viper and then installed Zonealarm Pro with my Linksys router. Funny thing is the svchost.exe tried to access the internet on a strange port (13945). I blocked it and am now seeing if my machine runs ok. Not sure why svchost.exe was trying to access the Internet and not sure if it indeed should be allowed. If you know please let me know.

I have also run NOrton anit-virus 2003 in safe mode, turned off restore and still haven't found a virus.

I am running fine for the last 10 mins but still no 100% sure

Svhost could be as simple as windows update trying to update so don't be alarmed by that..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online