1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

svchost 100%

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jjpopp, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

I have read a whole bunch of threads out here and elsewere regarding this prpoblem but so far none of the solutions have helped. I turn on my machine Win XP pro and within minutes svchost = 100% and I need to re-boot. I have run several worm removal and removed and reloaded NOrton Anit-virus 2003 but to no avail. Have any suggestions

2. mobo

mobo

Post a hijack log .unzip it , do a scan as well as copy and paste its results here.

3. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

I am trying to upload the file ..... give me a minutes as this damm site first can't handle a text file and next says that my jpeg is to big..

4. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

Here ya go .. thank you

Attached Files:

5. mobo

mobo

Rescan and put a check next to these and have hjt fix em

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
    R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D6DFF6D8-B94B-4720-B730-1C38C7065C3B} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\BTLINK\btlink.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000273-8230-4DD4-BE4F-6889D1E74167} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {63B78BC1-A711-4D46-AD2F-C581AC420D41} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\btiein.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D6DFF6D8-B94B-4720-B730-1C38C7065C3B} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\BTLINK\btlink.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
    O16 - DPF: {26E8361F-BCE7-4F75-A347-98C88B418322} - http://dst.trafficsyndicate.com/Dnl/T_50017/btiein.cab

6. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

Thanks Charlie. I did that but it didn't work... still see svchost = 100% .. also 'weird' things happen - linke several windows come up and the mouse jumps crazy all over the place. I can't reformt my machine and start over as that will take weeks... I have a whole bunch of hardware and software loaded. If I ever find the basters who write these virus I swear I cut there heads off...

sorry about that.. any other suggetions before I go insane.

7. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

Thanks Charlie. I did that but it didn't work... still see svchost = 100% .. also 'weird' things happen - linke several windows come up and the mouse jumps crazy all over the place. I can't reformt my machine and start over as that will take weeks... I have a whole bunch of hardware and software loaded. If I ever find the basters who write these virus I swear I cut there heads off...

sorry about that.. any other suggetions before I go insane.

8. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

Oh by the way it disabled my Anti-virus program. I am reinstalling it.. and for the last week no updates from Microsoft.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

Oh by the way it disabled my Anti-virus program. I am reinstalling it.. and for the last week no updates from Microsoft.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Col.USMC

Col.USMC Guest

11. mobo

mobo

Yep run the scan as you most likely have a virus onboard..

12. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

Ran the virus scan from the housecall. Didn't find anything. Reinstalled all the NOrton stuff - ran a scan, didnt' find anything. ANy other suggestions

Thanks

13. mobo

mobo

How is the system running now ?

14. jjpopp

jjpopp Thread Starter

Hi Charlie, thanks for all the help. Honestly I am not sure what the problem is or was. I did a whole bunch of super tweaks from Black Viper and then installed Zonealarm Pro with my Linksys router. Funny thing is the svchost.exe tried to access the internet on a strange port (13945). I blocked it and am now seeing if my machine runs ok. Not sure why svchost.exe was trying to access the Internet and not sure if it indeed should be allowed. If you know please let me know.

I have also run NOrton anit-virus 2003 in safe mode, turned off restore and still haven't found a virus.

I am running fine for the last 10 mins but still no 100% sure

15. mobo

mobo

Svhost could be as simple as windows update trying to update so don't be alarmed by that..

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice