svchost.exe - Application Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

halo

Hi,
For the last month whenever I connect to the internet after 5-10 mins, sometimes more or less I get this error message:
svchost.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x77f52a84" referenced memory at "0x7c54144c". The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program

After clicking on ok a box comes up and counts down 1 min till an automatic restart.

I am using XP.

any help will be appreciated.

cheers

Seems like you have the Blaster virus. First, go to: Control Panel> Admin Tools> Services. Scroll down to Remote Procedure Call. 2-click on it and choose 'Recovery'. In all three drop-down boxes, choose 'Take No Action'. That should prevent the system from rebooting.

Then go to THIS page and download the removal tool and the patch. Read the page carfully.

The symantec site is good but really long and sometimes confusing

go to www.supportcave.com

under the windows XP section is a 3 easy steps to remove it

if u have windows 2000 do all your windowsupdates @
windowsupdate.microsoft.com

and do step 3 the mcafee stinger tool is great i checkes for over 42 diff virus.

i u dont have a virus keep us updated if its still happening

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online