1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

svchost.exe crashing - need help to repair it.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by the-peoples-poet, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the-peoples-poet

the-peoples-poet Thread Starter

First off, forgive me, I have had a browse around here but I have not noticed anything that I can understand properly to help me with my issue and I am at my wits end with it.

I am using my pc, either online or not and everything seems fine then all of a sudden I get an error window popping up saying the following;

Host Process for windows services has stopped working.
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: svchost.exe
    Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Application Timestamp: 47918b89
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
    Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
    Exception Code: c000071b
    Exception Offset: 000888f5
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0e02
    Additional Information 2: b21b56b606e7544720668ce364087082
    Additional Information 3: 0e02
    Additional Information 4: b21b56b606e7544720668ce364087082
    Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

I can't automatically click on the internet link to get help as when I am online, my internet crashes out and I can't actually log on to the net again until I restart the pc. I don't know if it will make a difference but my internet connection is a 'dongle' from the 3 network.

I have Googled everything I can think of to try to help myself but I am at a total loss. I am not an expert when it comes to things like this so if someone can give me instructions like 1, do this, 2, do this etc, that are easy to follow, I would be very greatful.

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!