svchost.exe hogging CPU usage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tiorum

Hi everyone,

I have this annoying problem I can't fix. Any help would be great. I have a svchost.exe that incrementally (gets greater over time) hogging my cpu bandwidth. Afetr about 4-6 hours of having the system on, it goes up to 100% usage. After running the Tasklist /SVC at the DOS prompt it is identified as a lmhost file. Yes i have run spybot destroying software (ad-aware and Search and Destroy) to no avail. None of my other computers do this. When I shut down the process (PID number sometimes changes) my hard drive then continues intermittantly (and doesn't stop) running but my cpu usage drops back to normal. I don;t know what else to do. I have the latest Mcafee anti-virus and it scans my system once a week. I cant figure it out please help.

thanks.

that is what i think is wrong with my. My CPu jumps from almost nothing to 100% and all i did was click on my start button. to open a program and i only had two things opened. AOL and Windows media player.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online