1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

svchost.exe memory usage exceeding 500,000 K

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mpniak, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpniak

mpniak Thread Starter

Aug 15, 2012
    Over the past few weeks my laptop has been freezing/crashing almost every morning about 10-30 min after startup.
    It will become extremely lagged and eventually just freeze, and on occasion I have gotten what I think is "the blue screen"
    I believe I have traced the problem to an svchost.exe process that can exceed 500,000 K memory usage!
    The problem only seems to occur once a day when I start up the laptop in the morning
    Ive searched various forums and tried a few things but im still left with the problem.
    Basically, its starts at about 60,000 K and then will make a jump to about 250,000 K and then a few minutes later it will start to slowly climb to the 400,000-500,000 K range.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 229297 MB, Free - 57421 MB;
    Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
  2. mhd1360

May 28, 2012
    I think some one from Malware removal group comes and answer your question here .
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065191