1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

svchost.exe rising to 200'000 memory

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Nbenven, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nbenven

Nbenven Thread Starter

Hello,

First of all english is not my mother tongue so please excuse any mistakes that I could make.

As the title states I have a problem with a running process which is svchost.exe. There are a lot of these but one of them is always up there at 200'000 RAM usage. I tried forcing it to close but it keeps coming back and always up again at 200'000 memory usage.

I tried looking for solutions and saw that someone has had the same problem and was helped by one of your staff. Sadly the process to fix it is too hard for me to do alone as I don't understand much that is going on in that particular thread.

If anyone knows how to help me it would be great, thanks in advance.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows*7 Édition Familiale Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8187 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 305142 MB, Free - 50127 MB; H: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 73831 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., P55-USB3
    Antivirus: None

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice