svchost is using all my resources

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

danv12

please dont laugh when i tell you that i'm running windows XP Pro on a pentium 2 at 233 mhz. Its just for storing all my files on. (its going in the basement with no screen after i fix this) I boot up and the thing sits there slow as molasses. Task manager says svchost is using all my processor.....ness. What is this and is there a solution. O by the way, its a fresh intsll of windows from yesterday and i didnt open internet explorer at all on it, so theres no source of infection yet. (I'm on my good one now).

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
I have XP Pro running on a K6/2-400 CPU. Here's a couple of tweaks that help speed things up:
In System Properties performance settings, click "custom" snd uncheck all of the boxes except the one for "Use drop shadows...".
In Desktop Properties themes, use "Windows Classic" theme.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online