1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

svchost problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by livingsingle, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. livingsingle

livingsingle Thread Starter

when i log on to my MSN internet, after awhike a program error pop up saying the svchost has generated errors and you need to restart your computer. After that happens I have to restart my computer. I tried everything to correct the problem but nothing helps.

2. Cookies

Cookies

Welcome! :)

Do you see a message that resembles "svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed down by windows"? shortly after you log in? If so, it sounds like W32.Blaster.

Start/run/type in msconfig and go to the startup tab. Do you see
    "msblast.exe" there?

If so go here: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

Long read; but it will help you remove it.

3. ppollock

ppollock

Frequently I am getting the error message "svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows."

This is after a clean installation of both w2k & Norton System Works. I am sure there are no viruses on the computer. If I just ignore the error message, whatever I am doing seems to keep on okay, but I cannot find out what to do about the errror message.

Any suggesitons?

4. Cookies

Cookies

5. ppollock

ppollock

thanks for the pointer. i will give it a try and repsond with results.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice