1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SVN not writing to server

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by k_carcrispix, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k_carcrispix

k_carcrispix Thread Starter

Hi there,

Wasn't sure where to post an SVN-related question, but software development seemed apt.
    Usually our sysadmin sets up SVNs on our server, but he's been away and I set up my own. Everything seemed to go well, I created the SVN and was able to check it out via the terminal, can issue Add and Commit commands and everything seems to execute alright in the terminal. However when I navigate to the project folder on the server (via FTP) none of the files/directories I've been committing are there. It doesn't seem to actually be writing to the server at all.

Any ideas? I thought maybe it was a permission problem, but figured SVN would give warning statements. Also it looks like the permissions are the same as the other SVN areas on the server that our sysadmin set up.

Thanks!
    Dan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice