1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sw Battlefront I Buffer Overrun

Discussion in 'Games' started by TerminatorX, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerminatorX

TerminatorX Thread Starter

I recently re-installed Star Wars Battlefront I (PC) due to update problems which i couldnt address.

The re-installation when smoothly but, when the game starts to load an Error Box Appears.
    Entitled, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary". It says that "Buffer Overrun has been detected" with the program Star Wars Battlefront/Gamedata/Battlefront.exe.

It goes onto say that, "A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safley continue execution and must now be terminated".

I click Ok and Battlefront terminates, when i start the game up again this still happens.

I have ran Spyware and Virus scans as i have never come accross this problem before.

Thanks for your time, any help is appreciated

Attached is a picture of the error box

Attached Files:

2. GripS

GripS

If you disconnect connection to the internet do you still get this error?

If the problem goes away I suggest going to the networking and security portion of this forum and post there.

If your using an AMD64 or intel processor that has buffer overrun protection it is doing it's job. Sounds like you have something nasty on your system.

3. TerminatorX

TerminatorX Thread Starter

The error box still appears when connections have been disconnected.....

I doubt my intel pentium 4 has buffer overrun protection becuase it is an ageing model..

thanks,
    termintorX

UPDATE: Just after shutting down my computer the blue screen of death decided to make an appearance, if this has any relevance at all

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice