swaping the Processor????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

j_man24

hello der!! i have a question about changing the processor. recently my friend motherboard got wasted, then i ask him if he can give me his processor. then he does.. my question is, if can i just replace my present processor.. they only have small difference (900 mhz to 1.1 Ghz both AMD) thanks in advances

What kind of motherboard do you have, and, what specific processors are they?

I'm not sure why you'd want to bother for 200 MHz extra; you won't see any marked difference.

j_man24

you mean to say i wont make any difference, actually i having second tough about it.. i having tough of PC bcoming wasted.. maybe i should not do it at all..

j_man24

thanks for your time to read and answer my question.. thanks a lot

j_man24 said:
thanks for your time to read and answer my question.. thanks a lot
if you could have found out what cpuz they were by using Everest home or WCPUID we could have helped you. In all likelyhood they were propably socket 7 Athlon t-birds, if your mobo supported the faster cpu you would probably just pull the 900 out and plug the 1100 in, reinstall the heatsink fan and your on your way, now, 200mhz is certainly not going to be all that noticeable but free is free, and you could have gained some knowledge.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts