1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

swapping older mobo into bigger generic case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ubamous3, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubamous3

ubamous3 Thread Starter

hi

i have a couple of older hp pavilions and 1 sony vaio ( i cant remember the models atm) but assuming that they are atx form factor, can i still use it on the bigger case and more powerful psu's or they r built kinda proprietary format? they were bought long time ago when u buy a system like that, they dont give u the mobo specs n stuff on the manual like when u buy the mobo itself

i know i can always get a new and improved mobo but that comes with getting another cpu; and since i'm learning to build computer (painfully slow learning process), i want to play aroud with the older parts that i have just sitting there

thank u for your time

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice