1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Swiss cheese

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by persnickety, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. persnickety

persnickety Thread Starter

I posted this on the other forum but it kinda fits in both catagories...

Ok, I got some sort of evil cookie/virus. I deleted it but not before it corrupted some files on my computer (in theory). For the past several weeks I have been getting a DNS error, but my network connection is fine. I replaced the Wsock2 registry key and I no longer am recieving the DNS error but now I'm getting HTTP 404 for every web page I try to access. I ran SFC and replaced a bunch of corrupt files. I even erased and reinstalled all of my network connections but I still get the error. PLEASE HELP!! I already have spent too much of my spring break on this thing...

I ran Spyware and Adaware as well as several other very current anti-virus software and my computer is now clean. I can't run Hijack because it says that I am missing msvbvm60.dll. Is this an IE component? I couldn't extract it from Windows 98, could someone tell me where it is from if they know?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice