1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

switchboard is locked

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by LS, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LS

LS Thread Starter

Hi. Well, I have made my first switchboard in Access and to make it fool proof, I set the properties so the switchboard starts when Access starts and there is no way to update the switchboard. Guess what, I am locked out also. I am not able to change the properties any more. It wont allow me. Anyone knows how to get back the control and make changes to the switchboard? I appreciate your input.

LS

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Okay, this can be fixed...in a sneaky sort of way:

Open another database in Access. Right click on the toolbar and choose Customize. Go to the middle tab "Commands", on the left side click on Tools, on the right side scroll down and find Startup... Now drag Startup up to the toolbar just to the right of Help.

Now, when you go into your database, you should see the extra Startup there, use it to correct your settings.

when you are finished, just open up Customize, and drag n drop that extra Startup... back into the dialog box.

Hope this helps,

MBN

3. LS

LS Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. I am trying it right now. LS

4. LS

LS Thread Starter

It worked like a charm. Many, many thanks. LS

5. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Glad to hear it, and happy to help,

MBN

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice