Switched from Ubuntu to XP, having some problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DJMicroNaught

Hey guys I recently switched back to XP after using Ubuntu for a couple years. I had no problems reformatting back to NTFS from XFS, no problems on install, but when I start up I have no sound, and no connection to the internet or to my other machine (which is also an XP machine).

When I check the hardware my audio and ethernet come up yellow. I think the audio gives me a code 10 and the ethernet gives a code 28 (I could be wrong about the code 28 I didn't write it down). Now the really odd thing about this is that I put in my Ubuntu live CD and booted Ubuntu up, and right away I had audio and internet running straight from the live CD so I know the hardware must be good. I'm actually posting this from firefox running off of my live CD.
I even tried installing a different ethernet card (the one I am using is integrated on the MOBO) and it recognizes it but won't let me get a connection.

Any help with this would be greatly greatly appreciated.

TerryNet

Terry
Install your chipset drivers and then networking and any other ones you need. Get them from your Drivers or Resource CD or download them from your PC manufacturer's web site. If this is a "no-name" PC get the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's site.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online