1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Switched from Ubuntu to XP, having some problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DJMicroNaught, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJMicroNaught

DJMicroNaught Thread Starter

Hey guys I recently switched back to XP after using Ubuntu for a couple years. I had no problems reformatting back to NTFS from XFS, no problems on install, but when I start up I have no sound, and no connection to the internet or to my other machine (which is also an XP machine).

When I check the hardware my audio and ethernet come up yellow. I think the audio gives me a code 10 and the ethernet gives a code 28 (I could be wrong about the code 28 I didn't write it down). Now the really odd thing about this is that I put in my Ubuntu live CD and booted Ubuntu up, and right away I had audio and internet running straight from the live CD so I know the hardware must be good. I'm actually posting this from firefox running off of my live CD.
    I even tried installing a different ethernet card (the one I am using is integrated on the MOBO) and it recognizes it but won't let me get a connection.

Any help with this would be greatly greatly appreciated.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Install your chipset drivers and then networking and any other ones you need. Get them from your Drivers or Resource CD or download them from your PC manufacturer's web site. If this is a "no-name" PC get the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice