1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Switching Browsers?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cwilmot, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

I use both IE and Mozilla Firefox. Currently Firefox is my default browser. In attempting to download an update for Zone Alarm Pro, I get this message:
    "You're using Netscape(Mozilla)! Sorry, This is an Active X control, it will only run in MS Internet Explorer!"
    However, when I switch to IE and attempt to download, the browser automatically reverts back to Firefox. How does one change the default settings for these 2 browsers?

2. dugq

dugq

In IE, go to tools, internet options, and programs, click on reset websettings, and put a tick in "Internet Explorer should check.."
    The next time you open IE it will ask you if you want to make IE the default

3. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

Thanks, so much, Dugg. I assume, then, that when I wish to return to Firefox and make it, once again, my default browser, that I merely go through this same procedure with IE and uncheck that box?

4. dugq

dugq

Nope, when you want to do the same with firefox, open FF, go to tools, options and under general click check now and then cllick on yes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice