1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

switching from HDD to SSD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ri7425ck, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ri7425ck

ri7425ck Thread Starter

At the beginning of last year I put together a new box with a 1.5 T WD cav. blk. Installed W7 and was up and running. Because of family matters I never got to use it very much. during that time I purchased an OCZ Agility 4. Decided to replace the WD with the OCZ. Thought it would be a snap! disconnected the WD and connected the OCZ. Put the W7 disc in and the first thing it asked for was a driver? Boy was I surprised! After reading the post on drivers I now know I will have to go to OCZ for drivers. My question is I remember reading about a way you could transfer your operating system from your HDD to a SSD. Is there any one out there that could give me some info on this? It sure would help not to have to start from scratch. Thank you for any help or info!

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104737

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice