1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Switching identities in OE5

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sdtex, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sdtex

sdtex Thread Starter

Whenever switching identities in OE5, I get an error message that reads " MISMN Error. An error has occured in mismn. The system will now shut down", or something to that effect. OE then closes and I have to reopen it to get to the new mail identity. This occurs right after the switch to th enew identity and then it receives all incoming mail in duplicate. Any suggestions to this novice??

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

MSIMN invalid page fault Module name can help determine the cause. See the items on unknown,RNR,Kernel32,WSock32,INetComm,DirectDB,MSOE,MSHTML,DDraw

Corrupt rules, or rules using invalid logic cause this. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q225/0/96.asp Uncheck rules till it stops the error Look in Tools menu, Message rules, Mail. If you can't open OE at all, you can do a find on "Rules" in the registry, and delete them there. ( Usually something like HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{your identity number}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Rules

3. sdtex

sdtex Thread Starter

Thanks, Doyce.....................except it didn't work. I checked into the mail rules and found that none were checked, yet there was a written message line which instructed what action was to be taken when a rule was in effect. I erased it anyway, rebooted, went into OE, switched identities, and after a short hesitation a soft buzz............and my MISMN error appeared again. What it specifically said was "MSIMN has caused an error in URLMON.DLL" Then said that OE will now close. Clicked OK, and it closed. I'm always able to just open it right back up, but invariably the e-mails receved are then in duplicate. Any other ideas based upon the "URLMON.DLL" designation??? Thanks, again!!:confused: :confused:

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

In IE, go to tools>internet options>general tab>delete file in temporary internet files.

5. sdtex

sdtex Thread Starter

Nope.......no good again, Doyce. I didn't think this one would work as I do clean out Temp files and History on a regular basis. I was pretty sure that thi swould have no effect on Outlook Express. Any other ideas about this error? ("MSIMN in URLMON.DLL")

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

I would like you to try it in DOS first. Start>shutdown>restart in MS-DOS. Type these with enter after each.

deltree/y tempor~1
    exit

7. sdtex

sdtex Thread Starter

Silliest of all questions here........how do I interrupt Windows start-up to go into DOS?? I used to know, but it's been so long, I think I forgot. It's not as easy as holding down the <CTRL> key throughout the start-up, is it??

8. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Start>shutdown>restart in ms-dos should be an option.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice