Solved Switching ISP Account - Archived Emails Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Poerboy

This may be a simple question and hopefully hasn't been asked this way before. (I did a search on the site before posting this but didn't find my situation.)

In order to take advantage of a deep discount that is only for new customers, I am going to cancel my Spectrum ISP account that is in my name and my wife will open a new Spectrum account in her name - same house, service, my modem, etc - no changes to the current set up/location. I was surprised a Spectrum customer service rep suggested we do this, but said since she hasn't been a Spectrum customer she would qualify for the discounted rate for two years.

My question: I use Outlook Express 6. I know that mailbox address may change and that is not a problem. I only use the Spectrum TX.RR.com address for a few people and accounts. All my other stuff is on online email services (Yahoo, Hotmail), so notifying the few contacts that I use for OE is easy if my address changes. But what happens to the old messages in my local folders? Will I still be able to access them? I'm thinking I will since I can turn off my internet and still get into OE and see messages in my folders. Correct? Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, x86 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3070 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (197 GB Free); F: 232 GB (91 GB Free); G: 232 GB (202 GB Free); H: 465 GB (45 GB Free); I: 1863 GB (345 GB Free); J: 1863 GB (610 GB Free);
Motherboard: FOXCONN, M61PMV
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
If the email account is setup as POP, then they will stay behind. if it's set for IMAP they may be lost at some point; IMAP is a two way sync with the email service, POP is one way. Check the account setup in Outlook. Also get a new computer that isn't running Windows XP and Outlook Express, both are pretty obsolete and hindering your internet experience.

Poerboy

It is a POP account, so that is good news. Thanks for that info, Triple6.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online