switching local drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Issaic Freely

When I slicked my computer last, by accident I switched the local disk around so now my local disk is my D drive, which only holds 4.88 GB. It used to be my C drive which holds 51 GB. BUt I dont know how to re switch the drives and reinstate my C drive as my local Disk. any ideas would be helpful

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you change the jumpers on the drives? I'm not quite following either

i'm not sure what you're after but have you been in the disk manager right click on my computer and hit manage and then it should say disk manager on the side

Click on control panel, click on administratve tools, click on computer management, click on disk management, right click c drive and change to x, rt click d drive change to c, click x drive and change to d. This should straighten you out.

Click on control panel, click on administrative tools, click on computer management, cllick on disk management. Right click on C drive and change to X, rt click on D drive and change to C, Rt click on x and change to D .

This should straighten out your problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online