1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

switching operating systems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by begud4me, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. begud4me

begud4me Thread Starter

Hi I have a computer that has windows XP Home. I't has some driver issues etc that cannot be fixed mainly because i do not have the disk that was used to install it. I do on the other hand have a Win2K prof. disk that i would like to install on this comp so that it can be used again. I was wondering if someone might be able to either tell me or point me in the right direction of getting this machine re-installed with the win2k op sys. i.e tutorials etc. I also do not have the bios install disk so the bios will need to remain the way it is. I know this is no small job but i do have all weekend. thanks.

2. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

What kind of driver issues are you having? You could just download the newest drivers....you could also probably download the drivers to your motherboard as well.

3. begud4me

begud4me Thread Starter

well its my roommates comp and he cant access the internet anymore i've tried winsock fix and re-installing the software for the modem and the drivers for the for the ISP and we just cant seem to get it to work. so i figured i would just do a re-install on it and let him start new. he's already gotten all the info off it he needs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice