1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SXS.DLL: syntax error in manifest.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UnknownSheep, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. UnknownSheep

UnknownSheep Thread Starter

Made a new thread since the old one was getting old. Old Thread.

I cant belive it!

Bought a NEW mother AGAIN. Intel this time. starting from ground with a new harddisk. When im trying to install i get a error

"

SXS.DLL: syntax error in manifest or policy file "D:\I386\asms\1000\msft\windows\gdiplus\gdiplus.man" on line 4

installation failed:\i386\asms. error message: incorrect function

"

Great, i've bought a new Windows Pro cd, same results, changed HD, same same. The Motherboard is just 1 day old. Tried 2 different CPU, Tried different grapic card, and thats everything thats connected besides keyboard and mouse!

I've been trying to fix my computer for well over 3 months now without success. changed every part in the computer several times. Im getting REALLY sick at this now. :mad:

2. michael_jii

michael_jii

faulty install disk? Try a different one mabye?

3. UnknownSheep

Changed both harddisk and cd.

4. michael_jii

michael_jii

Grrr.. luck aint on ure side!

lets wait for a hardware expert. ive had a similar problem, but it was with a pc i was given to refurb. its on the ground outside my second floor window :p

5. UnknownSheep

Screw this!

I bought a new motherboard again since someone at microsoft said it was compatibility problems, connected it, when i installed windows i just when "bam" dead. then when I try to start it it just smokes. nothing works..

im off.. ill start with sheep breeding or something.

6. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

7. maxibhoy

maxibhoy

Error message seems to indicate a software problem. A syntax error is usually an error in the code in the software.

8. UnknownSheep

Well, you see. I can't do anything more, when i press 1 on the powersupply the fan goes on automatically and about 5 seconds later is starts to smoke from the south bridge.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/474753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice