SYBERIA is too dark to play

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

daddyhominum

I have no idea what I need to adjust to make Syberia playable on this machine.
I can brighten up the introductory pages fine, but as soon as the first scene for the game appears, (the guy with the drum) the scene becomes too dark to play.

I have ATI AIW 9000 agp 4x with Catalyst Control Centre and up-to date drivers.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Dennis

And you've tried both, your monitor and your ATI settings? Not just the game settings.

OK, I asked because when I googled, I found no other mentions about it being too dark..

It's an older game right?.. Can/have you tried older drivers?

I know "Omega" drivers have "tweaked" versions of ATI and nVidia drivers.

daddyhominum

Super-D-38 said:
OK, I asked because when I googled, I found no other mentions about it being too dark..

It's an older game right?.. Can/have you tried older drivers?

I know "Omega" drivers have "tweaked" versions of ATI and nVidia drivers.
Thanks.

I found some screen shots online. It is just a dark game intentionally. I guess the idea is to make the player search around to find stuff.

Problem solved. I had unrealizeable expectations !

D

daddyhominum

I just tried the Syberia game on a ATI rage from Gigabyte. Plays perfect so the darkness is the fault of the ATI AIW card. But I have no idea how to fix it.

I can change the loading screens but as soon as the game starts it goes dark.

D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts