1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SYGATE ASKS FOR PERMISSION FOR NT KERNEL SYSTEM (ntoskrnl.exe)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by mset, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mset

mset Thread Starter

Hello

For starters - I have recently been able to diagnose and fix and 3 month long issue with internet connectivity, and all because of the help of members here at techguy.

Sygate is asking me the following question

NT Kernel Systen (notskrnl.exe) is trying to send an ICMP Type 8 (Echo Request) packet to 209.226.175.223. Do you want to allow this program to access the internet?

Now, I have learned a lot about how to figure these things out for myself. Google searches for this item don't provide any immediately intelligible answers to this question - most of the hits start above my head and continue up. Can anyone tell me what this is and whether I should say yes or no?

Thanks in advance, Nick

2. Afinogenov

Afinogenov

[​IMG] its got me...

3. mset

mset Thread Starter

Just bumping this up - can anyone give me any info about this message and whether I can safely tell my firewall to disallow the request? Thanks

4. Afinogenov

Afinogenov

have fire wall allow it. it looks like a win. update program

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice