1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sygate Firewall Blocking Connection

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by RSM123, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSM123

RSM123 Thread Starter

Have just today got signed up with a new ISP here in London, but my Sygate Firewall seems to be blocking access to the net.

Have used it without any probs for 4 years, and normally it is merely a question of it asking you whether any new applications should / should not be granted access to the web.

I have only been able to type this, by deleting the Sygate folder from my c drive, since the icon for it has disappeared from task bar, and oddly, it will not allow me to uninstall either manually or from contr. panel.

The icon for sygate does still appear in my start bar, it was shown as running, in the task manager list of apps.

====

I just tried to d/load the latest version of Sygate ( 5.6) - but it would not allow me to install.

Should I scrap it and go with another, such as ZA ? And will I need to configure specific ports to make sure I get connected ?

Any assistance welcome.

As an aside I have AVG updated and running - but obviously would like to have my firewall back.

2. RSM123

RSM123 Thread Starter

*Bump*

Any help ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice