sygate firewall!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mickeyredlad

Has just told me someone has tried to attack my system!
Here is the description and whois, can you try to desypire it for me as i aint a clue what it means!

Description!
Denial of Service "Code Red" attack detected.
Description:
A Code Red attack from outside is detected, it is a very dangerous virus that will deface your webpages, perform a denial-of-service attack, and even crash your system.

Backtrace!
GeekTools Whois Proxy v5.0.2 Ready.
Checking access for 213.106.132.42... ok.
Final results obtained from whois.ripe.net.
Results:
% This is the RIPE Whois server.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% Rights restricted by copyright.
% See http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/pub-services/db/copyright.html

inetnum: 213.199.199.0 - 213.199.199.255
netname: PL-COPYCON-RADOM
descr: Copy con sp. z o.o.
descr: ISP
admin-c: MM1905-RIPE
tech-c: MM1905-RIPE
mnt-by: TKTELEKOM-MNT
notify: [email protected]
changed: [email protected] 20030404
source: RIPE

route: 213.199.192.0/20
descr: PL-TKTELEKOM
origin: AS20960
mnt-by: TKTELEKOM-MNT
changed: [email protected] 20021121
changed: [email protected] 20030801

person: Martin Malecki
address: Copy Con
address: Al. Grzecznarowskiego 2
address: 26-600 Radom
address: POLAND
phone: +48 48 3602460
fax-no: +48 48 3602460
e-mail: [email protected]
nic-hdl: MM1905-RIPE
changed: [email protected] 20020219

If anyone could also tell me how to work it out for my self next time too that would be great, thankyou!

Now i am having problems with my system!

Alerts like that will be par for the course with any firewall. This is a "normal" part of the internet environment where there are countless scans, probes and attempted intrusions. Your firewall will report and block them. Good for informational and educational purposes, but nothing to be alarmed at, as it is only letting you know how well it is doing its job.

On the other hand, if you get an alert that an unknown or unauthorized program or process is trying to connect outbound from your computer, that is something to pay attention to and block until you can verify its legitimacy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online